The fragrances that make up the V76 by Vaughn collection—Desert Lime, American Riviera and Blue Cedar—balance sophistication with broad appeal. We asked bartender pro Johnny De Piper to update a few classic cocktails inspired by these three original scents. Read on to learn how to create these satisfying libations with a V76 twist.
Desert Lime Pimm’s Cup
Desert Lime is a sensual, spicy fragrance that awakens the spirit, much like the British liqueur Pimm’s No. 1, made from gin, citrus fruits and spices. Serve on ice with ginger syrup and lime juice for a cool and refreshing cocktail.
1 ½ ounce Pimm’s No. 1
½ ounce gin
¾ ounce house-made ginger syrup
½ ounce fresh lime juiceFresh muddled basil
1. Muddle the basil in the shaker.
2. Add liquid and shake vigorously for several seconds.
3. Dispense into a Collins glass with ice and top with soda
4. Garnish with fresh basil sprig.
American Riviera Negroni
Traditional herbaceous elements blend with modern citrus influences to create the rich and intriguing American Riviera scent, reminiscent of a classic Negroni. Sage-infused rye and a touch of orange flower water seamlessly update this traditional cocktail.
1 ounce sage-infused rye (De Piper suggests to infuse for no more than one day. Otherwise, the herb will take over the drink.)
1 ounce Cocchi Vermouth di Torino
1 ounce Campari
2 drops of orange flower water
1. Combine all ingredients in a glass on the rocks and briefly stir.
2. Garnish with a lemon twist.
Find American Riviera in Control Balm Strong Hold.
Blue Cedar Flip
A magnetic woody scent, Blue Cedar is soothing and elegant with leathery accents. The cocktail, Flip, dates back to colonial times, served hot and originally composed of rum, beer and molasses. Today, the cocktail is normally made without the ale and chilled. This update boasts a sweet hint of coconut.
1 ounce bourbon
1 ounce Pedro Jimenez Sherry
½ ounce Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut
½ ounce heavy cream
1 egg yolk
1. Combine all ingredients into a shaker with ice.
2. Shake vigorously and strain into a Champagne coupe.
3. Top with fresh grated nutmeg and serve.